Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Where I'll be -- January 17 2012

At the excellent suggestion of my good friend Nanette, I'm going to start anticipating next year's cruise.

For instance, today's January 17. Next January 17th, I'll be at sea on the two-day voyage between Recife, Brazil, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, having already been ashore at Roseau, Dominica; Bridgetown, Barbaros; Belem, Brazil; and Recife, Brazil. We're sailing south of the equator, having gone past the big bulge in the side of South America. According to the Weather Channel, the temperatures are in the mid 80's and the sky is mostly clear with winds between 10 and 20 mph from the south/southeast, humidity around 60%.

And here I sit on deck*, watching the ocean go by, eagerly anticipating supper (since it's late afternoon) and writing a blog entry about, oh, I don't know, what South America looks like off in the distance as we move south. At the moment, being a total landlubber, I have no idea what 10-20 mph winds do to the sea. Then, I'll know. Stay tuned, I'll tell you all about it.

*My idea of what one does on a cruise ship is very primitive at the moment. I'm assuming one can sit on deck except when the waves are surging and the rain and wind make that a suicidal way to spend time. So I'm imagining scenes from some Cary Grant movie, where I get to be Joan Crawford with a big hat and way longer legs than I actually have, reclining in a deck chair in the sun and flirting with anyone who flirts back and some that won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment