Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

OK, I know where I'll be sleeping

Diane, my travel agent, and I have identified which cabin I'll have on the ms Amsterdam when she leaves Ft. Lauderdale at 5 pm January 5, 2012: it's 3305, on the lower promenade deck, a cabin with a window looking out on a partially obstructed view of ocean and sky on the starboard side of the ship fairly far forward.

The "starboard side" part means that, as we sail along the Atlantic Ocean coast of South America, I'll be able to watch the land go by whenever we're in sight of land.

The "fairly far forward" part means I'll feel more of the motion of the ship. "But Roberta, aren't you worried about being seasick?" No, because I'm refusing to worry about that and am instead looking forward to feeling like I'm really in a big ship in the middle of the ocean.

The "partially obstructed view" part means the room costs less than one with an "unobstructed view", and I figure a chunk of ocean and a chunk of sky will be sufficient to let me keep track of whether it's day or night and whether that pitching and tossing I feel is because of the ship traveling through storms or because I've eaten too much rich food and am about to rid myself of most of it one way or the other.

See? I've got this thing under control. All except the "obsessive inability to think of anything else" part.

3 comments:

  1. Nanette tried to post this and Blogger wouldn't let her, which I'll address very soon.

    BOTH your cabin number and the date you leave, add up to 11. Elevens are described differently in different aspects of numerology, but all include aspects of Spiritual, Intelligence, and Wisdom. I think you have the perfect room for this voyage, on this date. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might want to take some Ginger Trips along just in case. I find them very effective for motion sickness and there are no side effects since it is just the spice ginger.
    http://www.amazon.com/Solaray-Ginger-Trips-60-wafers/dp/B00014FVJU/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1

    Cheers!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete