Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

End in sight

It's Day 100 of 112. I have a spiffy copper medal honoring my 100 days aboard a Holland America cruise ship. One more day in Barcelona, a sea day, a day in Cadiz, after passing through the Straits of Gibraltar, another sea day, Madeira, then a week at sea to pack up and cross the Atlantic. Actually, a lot of cruises last only a week or two, on one of them, we'd just be starting. I don't think I can actually psych myself out to that extent, but I guess it's worth a shot. Or maybe watching the end approaching is part of the experience. Yeah, I think I'll go with that instead.

2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that the end is in sight. I imagine you have mixed emotions about that, part of you wanting to continue this adventure and part of you looking forward to being home again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet you'll enjoy the crossing almost as much as the landward sites you've explored. I know you're anxious to get home, to your condo and your cat and your family, but I'm also guessing there will be moments when you miss the routine at sea. What a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete