Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I was there!

You may have thought I was a serious person, someone concerned with the deep and profound issues of life. I blush to confess that is not the case. I am watching CNN coverage of the rising tensions between Britain and Argentina over the sovereignty of the Falkland/Malvinas Islands, a conflict that in 1982 led to war and the loss of hundreds of lives. And all I can think as they show background shots of Stanley, the main (only) port, is, "Ooooo! I was right there by that building! Ooooo! I stood under that memorial made of whalebone! Ooooo! I WAS RIGHT THERE LOOKING AT THAT VERY VIEW ACROSS THE HARBOR LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AGO! OOOOO!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad not to be the only one having a shallow moment! Very similar, I just yesterday saw a photo of Oprah, with Ram Dass, interviewing him for an upcoming special. They were sitting poolside, RIGHT OUTSIDE MY CABIN! I was THERE! Okay, we didn't share the time/space continuum, but in a way my mind thinks we did.

    ReplyDelete