Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Dinner went fine

Martha, a fellow-traveler I've been emailing with, recognized me from pictures we exchanged, and we sat together, so it wasn't all total strangers. Food was good, mandatory rah-rah speeches were mercifully brief, I returned to my room replete and into a sound sleep on a sybaritically comfortable bed.

And in about an hour, they will bus us to The Boat.

The TV news here in the hotel bar where I'm waiting just announced that Mt. Etna erupted. I need to go google Mt. Etna to see how close we'll be when we stop in Italy in April.

4 comments:

  1. I love the updates, Roberta! Glad your dinner went better than expected.

    I've been thinking about your cruise so often that I was dreaming about cruises myself, last night! I'm so excited for you to have such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the dinner went well, Roberta. I have left on several cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale - beautiful to sail out of. SO exciting when the ship pushes off!!!! You will do great meeting people - the dinners with others you don't know can be REALLY fun. Bon Voyage, Brave Lady!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be following this blog on a daily basis. Living vicariously and hoping WE have a good time. Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Pam, a good friend of Martha's! Your blog is wonderful! And I am excited to see the world through your words! Tell Martha I said hello and happy sailing!

    ReplyDelete