Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Icebergs with penguins on them!!!

The TV has a channel that continually broadcasts what's off the bow -- in front of the ship. It showed an iceberg ahead starboard, and it just seemed worth a frozen tail, so I bundled up as best I could and went out on deck.

There were at least half a dozen icebergs visible including one that was huge, beautifully sculpted by wind and water, and not just white, but also a lustrous turquoise blue. And once it went past, the duty officer broadcast to look on the flat space on its rear: there were a couple dozen penguins gathered there!

I am so happy I could weep. I can almost feel my face again, maybe I'll go back out.

4 comments:

  1. Roberta - your journaling is so fascinating - I am loving it. Relating to many things as I have been on several cruises, but really enjoying that you are taking many of us your journey with you. Your picture was very good! And I'm soooo glad you got to see penguins today!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to take us along for the ride :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting! :) Real live penguins on a real inanimate iceberg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was gonna say real live iceberg, but realized that wouldn't be true.

      Delete