Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

First iceberg!

I saw my first iceberg this morning, courtesy of the nice man who sat down at my table at breakfast. It was white and floating in the ocean to the starboard side. It was a ways away, and I was lucky to see it, since we are often sailing through such dense fog that the ship has to sound it's fog horn every minute or so.

I also had my first cup of Dutch pea soup, which they were serving throughout the ship. It's 28 degrees out, and I have yet to do the sitting-out-on-deck thing due to not wanting to freeze my tail off. The soup was delicious. They do not call it by its proper Dutch name, which actual Dutch person Richard Gering said in a comment is "snert".

1 comment:

  1. I never say LOL unless I mean it literally. I literally LOL'd at "snert."

    P.S. Way to end a blog post! (A little thing I like to call "craftmanship.")

    ReplyDelete