Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm getting this under control

I just finished my mile walk, three and a half times around the teak deck outside my window. Bright sun on the ocean, enough breeze to ruffle my curls and bring a bit of salt spray to my lips. I walk slower than anyone else, but I'm in no hurry and most of the people who pass me smile and say "Hi!"

We're out of the Caribbean and into the Atlantic en route to our first stop in Brazil, Belem at the mouth of the Amazon. This was the stop that the CDC said I'd need the yellow fever shot for. Nothing I particularly want to do on shore in Belem, but three days later we stop in Recife. A Brazilian man at my church told me the beaches in Recife are beautiful, and maybe instead of the teak deck that day, I can do my mile on warm sands. As an Oregonian, I am entranced with the idea of ocean water you can wade in without screaming in pain at the cold.

Well, I guess I need to decide whether I want to be waited on for lunch. My life is such a trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment