Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rio tomorrow!

Tomorrow morning we sail into the harbor at Rio De Janeiro, which the captain described as the best natural harbor in the world. I've set an alarm so I can be on deck to watch our arrival under the outstretched arms of the huge Christ the Redeemer statue. I'll try to remember to take pictures, but they won't do justice to the experience. I'll be taking a standard halfday tourist excursion once we dock, trying to remember all the cautions I've received from everyone from Valde the Recife taxi driver to my tablemates about the ubiquitous pickpockets. And I'm sure I'll buy some irresistible nonsense, hoping not to find a "made in China" label when I get back to the ship. But it's that arrival I am really looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I can hardly wait to hear about Rio. It does have that somewhat exciting name, it just brings to mind laughing, parties, music, joy. I hope I'm right! We'll be awaiting the blog from Rio. Ohhhh. Rio!

    ReplyDelete