Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Little bit seasick

So I'm skipping lunch to do a blog post. A friend advised me that, in his experience, seasick only happens when he can't see the horizon. I just went for a quick walk on the teak deck, and apparently, for me, actually being in the presence of the ocean settles my stomach right down, even if I have to struggle mightily to open the door against the wind.

Damn! I just realized. If the wind is against opening the door on the port side, it should be helpful to opening the door on the starboard side. I'll have to check that out.

The air outside is thick enough to cut with the edge of a fork. But it's on the ocean, so it doesn't make me feel suffocated like St. Louis did. They've taken in all the pads from the on deck chairs -- I need to find out whether that's something I can ask them to get. Almost certainly the answer is "yes". There's a lot of "yes" around here.

Meanwhile the captain, who gives us navigation and weather information every day around 12:45, just said the air and water are both around 82 degrees, and the wind, a "fresh breeze", is blowing at 30 knots. I'm on a boat, people! I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment